District Referral Program
Designed specifically for school districts needing to employ an uncertified applicant during the summer and fall months. Apply now through October with code b355t.
About the Program
The Region 13 District Referral Program (DRP) is a 2-year preparation program for all content areas and grade levels. This program is unique in that an applicant must be already in the process of being hired by a district or currently working for a district. Candidates will receive training and content preparation to be ready for their intern certificate in August 2024 while balancing the demands of a first-year teacher.
Districts can utilize any of the available hiring options when hiring a participant in the District Referral Program. Review our Certification Guide for these options.
- You will complete the online application and pay the $100.00 non-refundable fee. Apply for the DRP program with code b355t.
Submit official college transcripts from ALL colleges to the Region 13 Educator Certification Program.
- Official transcripts must be received in an unopened envelope sealed by the college or university.
- If your degree is from a foreign institution there will be additional transcript requirements.
- Submit required PACT Test Scores (if needed).
- Submit your offer of employment once provided by a district; you can apply and be conditionally accepted without an offer of employment
- If selected, you will attend orientation and begin content preparation courses to prepare for your content exams.
Information Session and Timeline
ESL Core Subjects
Bilingual Core Subjects
Candidates must have a degree earned from and conferred by an accredited institution of higher education.
Min 2.5 Grade Point Average
Official College Transcripts
Request your official transcripts be sent to the ECP office.
Offer of Employment
Applicants for this program must submit their offer of employment from a district.
Complete our online application with all required documents.
We offer an affordable fee schedule that is competitive with other programs. Program fees cover:
- Field experience training
- Pre-service and In-service training
- Test preparation
- Sustained support
- Flexible Schedule
- Application Fee – $100
- Registration Fee – $125
- In-Service Fees
- Year 1: $2250 (payable in 9 monthly payments)
- Year 2: $4313 (payable in 9 monthly payments)
- $2,000 critical needs scholarship available (not yet applied to pricing)
Our certification program curriculum is aligned with Texas Education Agency standards and educational best practices. All curriculum is taught by certified staff and content area experts.
Participants will be required to attend training that will continue to build on instruction learned during pre-service training.
- delivering engaging instruction
- integrating content specific strategies into lesson design
- developing and using student assessments
- understanding student diversity and instructional differentiation
- preparing for formal classroom observations
- preparing for TExES PPR exam
- preparing for TExES content exams
- implementing Marzano’s high yield strategies
- developing and using a variety of questioning strategies
- integrating the core principles from The Fundamental Five
- incorporating the effective use of current technology in instruction
- evaluating students’ technologically produced products and projects
- utilizing technology applications in problem-solving situations and project-based learning activities
- using developmentally appropriate instructional practices, activities, and materials to integrate the Technology Applications TEKS into the curriculum
- managing technology platforms to increase communication with student families on academic and behavior progress