Become A Certified Elementary Teacher
- TExES test preparation
- curriculum and instruction aligned to the Texas Teacher Standards
- current instructional practices for elementary educators
Our Elementary Certification Program is appropriately rigorous in preparing you for the reality of teaching. Participants develop reflective habits to refine their practice beyond their first year of teaching. It is our honor to be a part of the beginning of a teacher’s career and walk beside you on your certification journey.
Elementary Certification Options
The English as a Second Language (ESL) Supplemental exam will be added to this certification area to help participants learn the foundations of ESL education, cultural awareness, family and community involvement, language concepts, language acquisition, and ESL instructional strategies to use in a diverse classroom with English learners.
Bilingual Core Subjects
Candidates must have a degree earned from and conferred by an accredited institution of higher education.
Min 2.5 Grade Point Average
Official College Transcripts
Request your official transcripts be sent to the ECP office.
Content Area Proficiency
Candidates must meet the content area proficiency requirements specific to their program.
Complete our online application with all required documents.
Our certification program curriculum is aligned with Texas Education Agency standards and educational best practices. All curriculum is taught by certified staff and content area experts.
Participants will be required to attend training that will continue to build on instruction learned during pre-service training.
- delivering engaging instruction
- developing and using student assessments
- understanding student diversity and instructional differentiation
- preparing for formal classroom observations
- preparing for TExES PPR exam
- preparing for TExES content exams
- the science of teaching reading
- facilitating guided reading, writing and math
- integrating science and social studies content into lesson planning
- managing stations in the elementary classroom
- training specific to Early Childhood (Pre-K), Primary (1st – 2nd), Intermediate (3rd – 6th)
- overview and integrations of read aloud and balanced literacy
- incorporating the effective use of current technology in instruction
- evaluating students’ technologically produced products and projects
- utilizing technology applications in problem-solving situations and project-based learning activities
- using developmentally appropriate instructional practices, activities, and materials to integrate the Technology Applications TEKS into the curriculum
- managing technology platforms to increase communication with student families on academic and behavior progress